Monday, April 24, 2006

One More Night At Home....


Dear All,
One more night at home before I go to prison! I feel prepared though. Last night, I was able to spend some time having dinner and talking with some close friends and family. It seems so surreal that I feel so well, I don't look sick, yet I am having this big procedure done!

Tomorrow I get admitted at 8:00am to Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Once I know my room number, and phone number, I will let everyone know!

Today I got a PICC line in my arm for the transplant. Luckily it is a non-invasive line and it doesn't hurt. I ran into a friend from chemo this morning. She is a Greek girl named Morphia. I met her a month ago. She is 33 and a lawyer. Around January she had stomach problems. January 9 she had a CT scan. January 10, she was diagnosed with stomach cancer that had metastisized to her reproductive organs. When I first met her, the thought was she was cancer free. She had lost so much weight, and was going through chemo. Her chemotherapy had side effects that lasted for 10 days or more. I saw her in Interventional Radiology today. She was still tiny and weak from not eating but still had a fighting attitude. This weekend, she was told that she would die before the weekend was over. Apparently, her stomach was filling with fluid that had cancer cells in it. This morning, she is here and still fighting. I have complete and total faith in God that Morphia will be healed. Also, it is so hard to see someone who is so sick compared to me. I have been through so much in the last 10 months, but that pales in comparison to what my friend has experienced in just a few short weeks. Please pray that Morphia will regain her strength and stamina and that she will be able to go home healthy soon. She is number one on my list!

Kind of an interesting evening last night. My best friend Laura and her two sisters Amy and Joy ended up having dinner with my wonderful boyfriend and best buddy Chris, and his great family in San Diego. The group of 9 included Chris, his parents Russ and Peggy, brother Brian, sister Melissa, boyfriend Jason and the 3 Appenzeller girls. They all had cocktails at Chris' awesome condo with a beautiful view and finished off the evening having dinner at Po Pazzo, an awesome Italian steakhouse in Little Italy. Everyone had so much fun I heard! I wish I would have been there!

Talk to you tomorrow!
Love,
Sherrie

1 comment:

Charlene Chausis said...

YOU GO GIRL!!
LOVE AND PRAYERS....