Sunday, April 30, 2006

Chris Just Left


Dear All,
I hopefully kicked my nausea. I haven't gotten sick since Friday so that is good news. I spent the weekend with Chris. He must be a saint! He watched me sleep more than I could socialize with him! He flies back to San Diego in an hour, and will be back for his birthday on May 13. My Dad is sleeping over a lot with me this week while my Mom stays at the Allerton Hotel. She is recovering from the stomach flu so she couldn't come in the room today. I think she is going to wear a mask and try and stay away at least until tomorrow. Tomorrow is Day 0, or the day that I get my stem cells back. The doctors think that everything is moving along quite nicely. I had the malfalin chemo today that is the one that really wipes out your bone marrow. Within the next 2 days, my counts should be dropping drastically and all of the side effects and symptoms should be coming in. They include mouth sores, nausea, vomiting etc. Please pray that I won't have a bad case of all of that!
Love,
Sherrie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherrie-
Just want you to know that I spoke to a wonderfully faithful lady at our church who has been praying for you ever since she helped put together the prayer quilt from our church. She will pray for you, as will the rest of my family, as you travel this difficult path to recovery. We will pray that you will not suffer from the side effects, but that if you do, it is a sure sign that things are working just as they should.

Have a restful night!

Lois Brown

Anonymous said...

Sherrie,
I am sending love and positive thoughts.
Jody

Charlene Chausis said...

Sherrie... I got this in an email and wanted to pass it along...

When Your Hut's on Fire....
The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him. Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions.

One day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, with smoke rolling up to the sky. He felt the worst had happened, and everything was lost. He was stunned with disbelief, grief, and anger. He cried out, "God! How could you do this to me?"

Early the next day, he was awakened by the sound of a ship approaching the island! It had come to rescue him! "How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

The Moral of This Story:
It's easy to get discouraged when things are going bad, but we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of our pain and suffering.

Remember that the next time your little hut seems to be burning to the ground. It just may be a smoke signal that summons the Grace of God.

Keep fighting!!
Love,
Auntie Char & Uncle "Greasy"

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrie,We are thinking of you every minute and praying for you too. we hope during the next few days that the side effects will be minimal for you. Love you, Karen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Try not to think about the side effects, take each day as it comes and get plenty of rest! You're in our thoughts and prayers for a quick and event free stay. The nurses, MDs techs etc were the best. Debbie