Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday June 29, 2006

Dear All,
I have been down at the hospital for appointments all week. It seems as though I am getting really good news from all of the doctors. I went to the radiation oncologist today, and as of right now the thought is I won't get radiation at all because there is nothing to radiate! I still have my liver biopsy tomorrow at 11:00am and the thought from all of the docs is that the liver lesion is nothing. My PET scan is negative except for this one little spot. How could the transplant take care of all of the disease in my bones, but then leave a tiny little lesion in my liver when I never had disease there before? That is the logical hypothesis.

I also wanted to let you know that my friend Morfia who I had met during chemo and mentioned once during this blog passed away on Monday. She was only 33 years old. She had stomach cancer. I had only met her twice, but she impacted me and I think I impacted her. She was beautiful and very smart. I feel like the past few days I have been chatting with her in heaven. I just know that she is safe and happy and with God. I can visualize her and I know she is a perfect angel! My Mom and I went to her wake tonight and there must have been over 200 people there. It was hard to see her family, but when we saw each other again, we exchanged many tears and hugs. Her sister, Violeta told me that Morfia was working for me, and making sure that I am going to be ok. I just know that she was loved so much. Please help me in praying for her and her family.

Good Night!
Love,
Sherrie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrie,
I have faith that tomorrow's test will just be fine. When this is over, and you are well, I owe you a banana split and a champagne cocktail! It may be a few months before I get to Chicago, but I do think that tomorrow will go well for you and that all those prayers have paved your way to a full recovery. Sleep well.
Blessings,
Erin Witherspoon

Anonymous said...

so i just walked in your room 2 seconds ago and you started screaming that was lovely sher.......arghh now youre making me sleep with you stupid mee

Anonymous said...

Tubular,
Sorry to hear about your friend, Morfia. I'm sure that she is safe and happy with God...
Thoughts and prayers are w/ you tomorrow-Keep the Faith!!!
Love,
Me

Anonymous said...

It is 1:45 ... I am praying that you are all done and praying harder that all is 100% A-OK!
Hang in there Sherrie ... keep that smile shining!

Anonymous said...

Morfia is so lucky to have met you, just like we are all lucky to know you. What a nice tribute you paid to Morfia by attending her wake.

You are a marvelous friend to many and we all love you! Keep on smilin'!