Friday, June 09, 2006

Doctor's Visit

Yesterday, my Mom, Dad and I went downtown to see Dr. Winter. Unfortunately, she was not at the hospital yesterday so the trip was kind of pointless for good information. However, the good news is my counts look "great" and my stem cells are engrafted so we know that the stem cell transplant worked. Now we just need to see if the high dose chemotherapy worked. See the point of a stem cell transplant is that they give you so much chemo, it kills your bone marrow. Your stem cells are a rescue so that you can survive the high doses of chemo. I was told that they gave me more of the BEAM chemo then they have ever given anyone at Northwestern. So hopefully that will do the trick! They also said that because I am feeling so good, that has an impact on how much disease is left if any. Due to the fact that I feel good, theoretically the disease is minimal. Also, just having major pain from physical therapy to my surgery leg, and my back. I have been doing really well at therapy, and even rode the bike for 7 minutes today!
Love,
Sherrie

5 comments:

Charlene Chausis said...

Wow Sherrie... that sounds quite promising... thanks for taking the time to keep us all up to date on your progress. We're still praying for you!

Love & Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Tubular,
The reason they gave you so much more...is because they know you are MORE special!!! Keep the faith-
Love always,
Me

Anonymous said...

On such a dreary day it was great to wake up and read such tremendous news! You are one tough young lady! Keep fighting; it's working! Thinking of you all the time,
Jill Sandberg

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo Sherrie!
So glad to hear that those stem cells are engrafted! I'm sticking with my prediction of banana splits and champagne cocktails:)
Well, we are 10 days into hurricane season and it looks like the first one may be on the horizon. I'll take a blizzard over a hurricane anytime! Our 13-year old grandson is here and would like to see just a little weather action before the summer is over:) He has been gone for a day, and I just went out and caught bugs for his Venus Flytrap. I'm the one who bought the ghoulish thing, so I better be good-natured about feeding it.
Sparky Beagle has cardiac arrest when we have the tiniest bit of thunder, so a rousing lightning, thunder, rain event may be his undoing. We will probably find him under the bed chewing something that does not belong to him:(
I haven't emailed you for several days, so when you are feeling even better, I will send you more of the Beagle War Reports.
Stay strong. You are Awesome!
Blessings,
Erin Witherspoon

Anonymous said...

When you feel good, we ALL feel good. Yippee!

Margie and Jim