Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday, June 18

Dear Family and Friends,
I got the results of my CT scans from Friday and according to Dr. Winter, they were clean! So I guess that means I am cancer free! Tomorrow, they will compare the results from the CT to the PET scan to see what the abnormality on the PET scan was. So hopefully we can hammer out the results.

Does anyone know where the liver is in the body? That is where the abnormality was located near. I am having some pain in my ribs on the right hand side of my body and it is freaking me out because that is where the abnormality was on the PET.

Now I have to work on not worrying about relapsing all of the time! I tell ya, this cancer thing is no fun. I am so glad that for the most part, none of you have ever gone through it so extensively, and I pray to God that you never will.

I have had a fun weekend with my family in Door County, and Chris flew in Friday. Being the world traveler that he is, he is already on his way back to San Diego with a business trip to the Bay area this week, and then to the California/ Arizona border for some R&R with his family next weekend. He is quite the road warrior!

Love you,
Sherrie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherrie, congratulations! You fought hard and hopefully that was the last of your battles. It is so great to hear such wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrie,
Do you still have your gallbladder? It is on the right-hand side, with the liver, and can be just down-right uncomfortable if it has a little stone or a little fit of what my surgeon called "colic". Try not to borrow trouble, sweetie. Get your comparisons and then check it out from there. You have been super, just hang-in a little longer:) And if you should ever need to get that little gallbladder taken out? It's a piece of cake, so don'
t stay awake worrying about that one. I gave mine up 13 years ago and it was very easy.
Blessings,
Erin Witherspoon

Anonymous said...

Tubular,
This is SUPERCALIFRAGILISTIC news!!! YEAH!!! I'm am so happy (I'll do the happy dance later-hahahaha) Glad to hear you had fun in Door County- I'll blog you more later...hahahaha
Remember-Keep the Faith...
Love,
Me

Anonymous said...

What great news! Thanks for keeping us updated...it is wonderful to be able to cheer at your success. I'm sure your great attitude made all the difference....now just keep getting stronger and enjoy the future!
Jill Sandberg

Anonymous said...

Great News Sherrie!
Love Eddie & Jan