Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dear Friends,
Sherrie is still pretty weak today. She can barely get out of bed but managed to take a few laps around the floor. This is due to all the medication she is on. This is very important so she keeps her lungs clear & free from pneumonia. Her counts went up today to .2 & her platelets were at 40. This is a turning point as now she is running to 3rd base & almost there. Sherrie is the bravest person I have ever known and never complains. The mucositis was a stage 4 & her entire mouth & GI tract was inflamed. She has not been able to swallow for a few days & has been given all of her nourishment from an IV. She has been in terrible pain. Both of my sisters were here all day today. What would I do without my sisters. My sister Sherrie is here every day & stays with Sherrie some nights to give Gary & I a break. She's like Sherrie's second mother, anything she needs Auntie is there for her. Hopefully tomorrows counts will be up & she will be one day closer to coming home..
For now....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sherrie,
Day +++ 9
Remember as you glance out the window that spring is a time for rejuvenation and new beginnings. Your new birthday is just that. Just like the seedlings popping their heads through the soil, life can be a struggle. But keep in mind the results. You again will soon be blooming!
You continue to be in our hearts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

You're turning point was yesterday,.2 is just the start! Remember that every journey begins with one small step. Here's to many steps to come!! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hi sherrie,
Today I am subbibg for 8th grade and 7th grade language arts. Teachers are the most courageous people in the world and you are illustrating that! I am one of those cowardly "preacher creatures" :) I will sub for three days this week, but that is plenty for me. The kids were asking about you this morning. They remember sending the cards. I pulled up your blog so that they could see for themselves how you are getting along. They think you are awesome! Keep those counts coming up and we will keep praying:)
Blessings,
Erin witherspoon

Anonymous said...

Hey Mama Gloria!

You just keep smiling that gorgeous smile and dream about Beach Road...I can't wait for Sherrie and I to cause some much needed trouble!

Anita

Anonymous said...

gloria,
I don't want to bother you with a phone call, but please let me know if I can do anything!!!!!!!

sherrie,
Glad to know that you are almost at 3rd. base. You are the bravest person I know!!!!
Love,
JoyCee