Saturday, May 06, 2006

Day +5

Today is Saturday & Sherrie has been here 11 days. It seems like an eternity for her. She is such a brave young girl,
and has a wonderful attitude. She complains about nothing & knows this is the job she has to do right now. She has a problem swallowing as her GI tract is inflamed due to the chemotherapy. She will be getting food through her IV line starting tonight. She knows this is temporary, & as soon as her counts are up she will begin to feel better. She tries walking around the floor because the nurses told her the people that get up & about get well faster. She's all for that! Today Dad brought Katie downtown to see Sherrie, & Lizzie is on her way from Butler. Sherrie is very excited about seeing her sisters & brother.
Have a Great Saturday!
Gloria and Gary

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know what to pray for! Your daily updates are wonderful and I can go to God with your needs (although something tells me He might already know.) Your determination is amazing, Sherrie. You WILL be well soon. Those counts will rise and your health and vitality will return with a vengence and there will be no stopping you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrie,
Stay strong! You are so right with counts at zero, you can start moving up! Try to keep walking. I know it takes a great deal of effort at this point. Every step is a step to recovery!

Praying for all of you!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrie,
I know this is the first that I've written during such a difficult time, but I want to let you know that you've been in my thoughts since day 1. I can tell that you are determined to beat this and admire you so much for your strength! Your pictures are also good to see -- you look great!

I miss you and the rest of the Teuber clan and am sending lots of prayers and love,
Lauren Sandberg