Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Second Photo Shoot

Hey!
I had my second photo shoot for NMH today, and the pictures will be used for the Northwestern Memorial Hospital Cancer Survivor Walk which will be held at the lakefront on June 3. These pictures will be on banners highlighting the lake, and I guess I am going to be on them!
In May, the NM Faculty Foundation Magazine will debut with an article about my transplant experience, and how it relates to Celebrating Life and the survivor walk.
The photos from today should be posted on the following site: marcharris-photo.com/
When you get there, log on to "Clients." Then, add the password lurie. The pics are not up yet, but my name is. It is amazing how many survivors are out there. The woman getting photographed before me was pregnant, and the little girl after me (absolutely adorable!) must have been only 4 years old. It's exciting to see that even though I feel like a cancer minority because of my age, there are so many people out there like me.
Love,
Sherrie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband is also in his 30s recovering from Hodgkin's treatments. Yes, cancer affects all ages not just the old. They say Hodgkin's disease is a young/person's disease. I witnessed it at the oncologist's office. Lots of young & you're not alone. Not easy for anyone at any age even in the ripe age of 30.

We wish you the best.

Helen & Sam (Hd survivor)

Sherrie said...

Dear Helen,
I would love to talk more with you! Good luck to you and Sam!
Sherrie
ShTeubs@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL Sherrie! You look great!

xoxo

Kristin

Duane said...

Hi there Sherrie,

It has been awhile, since I last posted on your blog but it looks like you're doing so well. That's terrific!

I linked your blog to my site. Could you also link my blog to your site as well?

Wishing you continued health,
Duane
http://journalofaprizefighter.blogspot.com

Sherrie said...

Dear Duane,
Thank you for checking into my site. Much continued good health!
Sherrie