Thursday, March 08, 2007

Fun Day

Hi There!
Although I have been up since 4:50am, my Mom and I had an exciting day. We were in the city by 6:30 to meet with Dr. Winter and her fabulous PA Elizabeth. Although I had labs on Monday, my blood counts are still extremely low. You have two counts to ward off infections...Your WBC (White Blood Cell Count) and your ANC (Absolute Neutrophil Count). Mine are remaining steady, but very low. A "normal" person probably has a WBC and ANC between 4.0-10.0. My WBC is around 1.8, and my ANC is .9. So I am very at risk for getting sick, even though I look and feel great!

I am so thankful because Dr. Winter also said that I can have full scans again in 3 months. That takes the edge of worrying about reoccurance.

I met with Robert, a photographer for NMH, and we took pictures for an article that they are doing about the cancer survivor walk, and my stem cell transplant. He had me wear pink for the occasion (How suitable!) I can't get the pics for three months, but when I get them, I will shoot them your way.

Also, I will send out invites to the cancer survivor walk. It is on June 3 at the lakefront and a big celebration.

My Mom and I were ladies about town today and hit every store/restaurant in a 500 mile Chicago radius. By 9:30am, it felt like it was already 4:00 in the afternoon.

Also, yesterday I got my first haircut. I got it shaped. It still kind of looks the same just a little more "shapley." I found the best hairdresser and our goal is to grow my hair out.

Have a fun weekend!

Sherrie

No comments: