Thursday, November 09, 2006

Some News

Hey everyone!
Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date. I do have a lot of exciting news.
My best friends husband, Mike Frerichs, won the Illinois Senate seat in the 52nd district! He is the man who I spoke about stem cells for. There is a press release dealing with my speech that day.
http://mikefrerichs.com/press/10_31_06_stemcell.html

Also, we had our "Be-Dazzled in Barrington" fundraiser yesterday. We didn't raise as much money as we hoped, only around $2,500. Everything is a learning experience though, and hopefully I will be able to take my experience and plan something really beneficial in the future...Hmm maybe a Leukemia Lymphoma Society event???

I had a chest X-ray on Monday, because I have been having a lot of shortness of breath. I was very scared that it could be re-occurring tumor, or a blood clot. The film was clean! However, Dr. Winter wants me to have an Echo-Cardiogram next week. I have that scheduled for Thursday, and then an appointment with her to follow. I think everything is okay, but I am extremely cautious.

Tomorrow night, I am attending a St. Jude event downtown. I am so happy to be able to support children with illnesses, especially cancer.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: