Thursday, November 02, 2006

Post Press Conference

Hey Everyone!
The press conference I spoke at went fabulously! I spoke with Mike Frerichs and Senator Jeff Schoenberg from Evanston, Il. My interview with CBS ended up on the news, and the CEO of a stem cell research company called ICyt asked me to do a Podcast for his company, and relay my story. I am someone who has been affected by the stem cell situation in two instances, so it makes me happy to be able to talk and help others.
I went downtown to an infectious disease doctor yesterday to discuss my immunizations. I won't be ready to get them until May. However, I did get a flu shot. I think I am having a reaction to the flu shot right now because I woke up achey, tired, headache-ridden and crabby. I guess my chances of the flu shot actually working are very slim because of my immuno-suppression. That is why they wouldn't give me a pneumonia shot yesterday. Why inject the viruses if they won't work?
Last night, we saw my cousin Chris who is a fireman in Austin, Texas. You should hear some of the stories he was telling us. Yikes! Those guys see everything. It was good to see him though, as I only see him about once a year. He just bought a new house, so maybe I will go down and visit!
Have a good day!
Sherrie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tubular,
FANTASTIC speech!!! You never cease to amaze me-keep up the GREAT work...(can you tell I have been writing report cards??hahahahahahahaha) Tell your Mommy Happy B-day and remember...Keep the Faith, Sunshine!!!
Love ya,
Me

Anonymous said...

WOW! THAT SPEECH WAS AMAZING. SO WHEN WE GOING DOWN TO TEXAS? YEEHAW!! MY COUSIN IS A COP DOWN THERE. I HAVE NEVER VISITED, ONLY SAN ANTONIO. THAT'S WHERE MOST OF MY EXTENDED FAMILY IS. HMMM, SCHOOL IS OK. HAVE 2ND CUTS FOR CHEERLEADING ON MONDAY. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES. CALL U SOON...HUGS, LAURA

Anonymous said...

Thank you for speaking on behalf of SCT research. I am someone who benefited from my twin sister's stem cells on July 4, 2006. It was a rare procedure as twin transplants are rare and I was very fortunate. It has been over 120 days since my transplant and I'm doing very well.

Best wishes to you.

Anne
Hodgkin's Disease Survivor

Sherrie said...

Dear Anne,
I have been keeping up with your blogsite as well, and you had your transplant on July 4, right? I am just two months before you on May 1, 2006. I hope you are doing well, and keep up your good spirit!
Sherrie

Anonymous said...

great news sherrie!! the speech was great... i'm sure you were incredible up in front of the crowd. i am finally healthy now, so as soon as you're back in san diego, we have to hang out. i have a lot of interesting teacher stories to exchange with you :)

lots of love!
kristin