Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lots of Medical News

Hey All,
Sorry my little movie didn't work for you! I've got to take my computer to the Apple store and see what I did wrong.

On the medical front: I was at Northwestern by myself from 10-5 today. The day started out with an echo-cardiogram of my heart, and a doctor visit with Dr. Winter. I ended up waiting over an hour for the echo, two hours for Dr. Winter and then two hours for a surprise sprial CT of my lungs. See, I have been having horrible shortness of breath for the last month, and Dr. Winter wanted to make sure that I didn't throw a pulmonary embolism to my lung (especially since I have a history of blood clots). Needless to say, everything looked clear, so I may need a pulmonary function test to see my lung capacity. Last week, I had a chest film done, and that was clear, so we know that there is no tumor in my mediastinum like before.

I was walking on the treadmill last night thinking about the last time I had gotten my period. Sorry if this is too up close and personal for some of you!:) I haven't gotten it since July '05 when I started chemo, and my OB-Gyn has told me that I am in irreversible menopause.

This morning I got a visit from my little friend. Full blown! They tested my estrogen levels today, and not all labs are back yet. However, the labs that I got back still kind of said that I am menopausal. But how weird is that! I guess if God wants me to have my own babies, he is going to make it happen!

On Wednesday, I planned a last minute trip to Seattle. Chris is working up there this week, and I am meeting him tomorrow for the weekend. I will be back on Sunday, and he will be coming to Chicago for my birthday and Thanksgiving.

Have a great weekend!
Sherrie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sherrie,

Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers to you and I hope that your test results will be fine. I had Interstitial Pneumonia Syndrome (IPS) also known as chemical pneumonia two months after my SCT and it started with shortness of breath and some coughing. Have they checked for that?

I know this is probably TMI for some, but my SCT put me on early menopause as well but luckily no symptoms. I would like to prove my doctors wrong someday....

Keep the faith and wishing you the best.

God Bless,

Anne

Sherrie said...

Dear Anne,
Thank you for your positive energy! I know YOU WILL prove your docs wrong someday!
Sherrie

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SHERRY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! AND MANY MORE!