Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hi There

Hey There,
I was just reminiscing about what happened to me with my cancer experience two years ago. Can you believe I was first sick two years ago? My, how time flies. My Mom and sisters were in Washington D.C. for the weekend.

That was the weekend that my hair started falling out. The Thursday before, I got a cute short hair-cut, because I was waking up every morning with long strands of brown hair all over my pillows. It was so terrible.

That Saturday and Sunday, I remember that even though I was only a few weeks into chemotherapy, I was getting my energy up and my Dad and I walked about 3 miles each day.

One of those weekend mornings, Dad and I went to Walker Brothers for breakfast. The weather was not unlike this weekend, 80 degrees and sunny. We had the windows open in the car, and as we were driving along, my hair was flying out in huge whisps. I purposely didn't wash my hair that weekend because I knew I would have clumps falling in the shower.

That Sunday night, my Dad took the #5 clippers to my head. That first time, I never got completely bald, but it was still pretty bad.

This morning at church, my female Pastor, Jane told me she is going to be shaving her head in January for Pediatric Cancer Research. After going bald 3 times in one year, it is safe to say that I told her I didn't think I could share in that fun experience with her!

Other than that, things are well. I am having a lot of shortness of breath lately. I had symptoms of this last fall as well, and after so many tests, nothing was decided. I think it could be some allergies, but it is the same feeling I got as the tumor in my chest started growing. I have a CT scan on September 13, so we will see.

Talk to you soon!
Sherrie

No comments: