Thursday, August 23, 2007

Crazy Day



I have the most wonderful class in the entire world! There are 21 kids, and they are all very sweet, and extremely well behaved. We had some issues today though....After a great day, 10 minutes before the bell rang, the tornado sirens went off in school. In all of my years teaching, I never had that happen. It was such a strange way to start the year. After over 1.5 hours in the hallway with the kids hands over their heads sitting Indian style, we finally got the all clear. I texted my Mom to tell her about the days events, and she informed me that all of the schools in Barrington where I live were on lock down because there were two armed gunman roaming in Barrington Hills. Sounds like Judgement Day. I have been working very hard (getting up at 4:30-5:00am each day) but I feel as though I am back to my old tricks from before I was sick. I have been pulling over 12 hour days to get things ready, but then I have been driving up to Door County on the weekends to work. I know I should take it easy, but this is who I was before I was sick, and I guess that I haven't lost my assertive force. Anyway...
Have a good weekend!
Love,
Sherrie

No comments: