Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hello!


Hello There,
I thought tonight would be a good night to catch up, as I have a very unique story for you. I was up in Door County this weekend enjoying the weather on Saturday, and I picked up a waitressing shift at Al Johnson's this morning. I had a big table of 13, and since it was Sunday, these folks were fully furnished in Chicago Bears attire, and thick Chicago accents.

So naturally I asked where they were from. My memory was not so good (Chemo Brain!) however, one of the women at the table told me that she "knew me." Turns out, this woman was a surgical nurse at Glenbrook Hospital with me when I had my first lymphnode biopsy in June 2005! She was in the operating room with me, and told me that she always wondered about me because I was so upset at the time of the surgery! What a great memory, and what a wonderful reminder of where I was, and how far I have come:)

Also, check out Beyonce' on YouTube singing "Halo" to a little girl with Leukemia. So touching:)

Love,
Sherrie

PS..Here is a recent picture of my sisters and I!

No comments: